Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Today's blog is going to feature another nail design! This time we're going to spice it up a little.
This design is perfect to spice up any cute outfit, from a little black dress, to a t-shirt and jeans. I've only had it done for an hour or two and I've already gotten literally compliments everywhere I go!
I did use a Konad stamp to achieve this look! If you DON'T Have a Konad set, there is a way to achieve this without, read the second set of instructions below the regular ones below.
What you'll need to achieve this look:
- Top Coat
- Base Coat
- Gold Color Polish (I'm using ORLY Glitz & Glamour)
- Black Polish (I'm using sinful colors Black)
- Brown Polish (I'm using China Glaze Ingrid)
- Konad M57 Plate
- Scraper For Konad (Old business cards, hotel keys, etc will do)
- Konad Stamper
-Nail polish remover
(You may want a Q-tip to remove excess polish when finished.)
1. Paint your clean and freshly filed nails with a base coat.
2. When dry, paint nails with your gold polish color. Repeat with a second coat if necessary.
3. When try, take Konad m57 and paint cheetah print design black. Scrape off excess paint, stamp design, and press onto nail.
4. Repeat step 3 on all nails, Remembering to clean off stamp and plate each time.
5. When dry, take brown polish and fill in circle spots with the brown polish. (As much or as little as you want)
6. When dry, top off with a clear polish.
That's it, it's that simple!
Don't have a konad? That's okay. Get a dotting tool (or a ball point pen will do!) and put brown dots all over your nail, in slightly varying shapes and sizes. Then take a thin brush black polish (Can be found at local dollar stores, or just use a thin brush in your normal black) and draw c-shapes around the dots. Look at cheetah print for spot shape ideas and inspiration. Not hard, just a little more time consuming! :)
Let me know how it goes if you try it!!
Friday, July 15, 2011
Lately it's been seen all over where models have nail designs that are unique and catchy, the newest and most unique I've seen in a long time has to be the new "News Paper Nails" trend. They look gorgeous, sophisticated, and fun. Not to mention they're a great conversation starter!
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- Newspaper Color Coat (Light grey, white, or any other light color you'd like)
- News Paper
- Rubbing alcohol (Vodka, Bottled Water, Heat Protectant, and hairspray also works)