Lately it's been seen all over where models have nail designs that are unique and catchy, the newest and most unique I've seen in a long time has to be the new "News Paper Nails" trend. They look gorgeous, sophisticated, and fun. Not to mention they're a great conversation starter!
Looking to do this look? You've come to the right place.
Picture to the right was my first attempt, but my second hand and attempt worked even better! Just follow the tips I give you so the words show up even better than shown here :)
All you'll need for this look is:
- Base Coat
- Top Coat
- Newspaper Color Coat (Light grey, white, or any other light color you'd like)
- News Paper
- Rubbing alcohol (Vodka, Bottled Water, Heat Protectant, and hairspray also works)
1. Cut out ten pieces of 1 inch by 1 inch news paper squares to put on your nails.
2. Paint a base coat on clean nails.
3. Once dry, paint news paper color coat.
4. Once dry, soak nail in rubbing alcohol for 6-7 seconds
5. Quickly pick up a news paper square, and place it on the nail you just soaked, words facing away from you.
6. Push down firmly, rocking your finger back and forth to spread print all over nail.
Tip: Do not pat nail! This may smear or cause duplicate words.
7. Peel news paper off nail, and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 on all nails.
8. Let sit for a few minutes, then cover with a clear coat.
(This is important, otherwise the ink will just rub off)
Once dry, you're done! Simple as that. :)
Remove any access polish or ink with a Q-Tip and Nail Polish Remover.
Want a video tutorial or picture tutorial? Put suggestions and questions in the comments section!
Subscribe to keep up to date on all the beauty news!