I was inspired to write this post due to a blog entry I read on the beauty department (www.thebeautydepartment.com) and it made me think, I've seen so many other posts about one or two things you can do with a spare toothbrush, and how handy they can be, why not make a bigger list of beauty uses a spare (or washed old) toothbrush can do! :)
If you think about it, a toothbrush is just like a tiny teasing comb. Use it as you would a teasting brush to get smaller areas like your crown or even a ponytail.
Lightly spray hairspray or a a gel/shine spray onto toothbrush bristles and comb hair in direction desired. This will completely tame those annoying little fly aways.
This is my favorite trick for soft lips. I've blogged about it before. Apply vaseline (or even chapstick if you dont have any, a good amount of it though) wait a few minutes, and scrub your lips gently for 30 seconds to a minute, they should feel slightly tingly but don't over do it. You'll be amazed how good your lips feel and look!! I always love doing this before applying lip color or whenever my lips feel a little chapped.
Scrub away dead cuticles
After you push back cuticles scrub nails with toothbrush to rub dead cuticles away. (Another idea is that you can clean between nails and skin where it's hard to reach)
Exfoliate Your Face
Don't do this if you have sensitive / thin skin! Michelle Phan does this (she has a video on it I believe, you can search it on youtube) Use a toothbrush with softer bristles (maybe an old one) and gently scrub in circles to exfoliate face.
Dont need specific eyebrow brush to do the trick, just groom into place with a little vaseline instead of eyebrow gel and they'll stay groomed all day!
You can use a toothbrush to scrub and clean jewelry, some places I found this even said to use toothpaste on jewelry when scrubbing, but that's your call lol I think I'll stick to the typical cleaning solution.
Clean your hairbrushes/combs
Use a toothbrush to get dirt, oil, and old hair out of the bristles of your brushes. They bristles can reach into deep places and lift away all unwanted scum.
Clean hard to clean containers
Have makeup storage cases that aren't easy to clean? Just use a toothbrush to do the trick.
Apply Dry Shampoo/Baby Powder
Apply light powder to toothbrush then apply mostly to roots and needed area without making a mess, and then brush it through hair with toothbrush to blend in.
Sorry I haven't blogged lately! But it's a busy time of year, wrapping up classes and lots of work! However I wanted to share my appreciation with all you lovely followers with a giveaway to celebrate summer.
The prize will look something like this:
A few of my favorite NYX products, brush cleaner, a gorgeous eyeshadow and maybe a few other trinkets. :) It's not totally set yet, I'm always picking up adorable things I might get more :)
It is open internationally!
1. MUST be a follower/friend via GFC
2. Only enter once per category
3. Have fun :)
Ends in exactly two weeks on the 25th, so goodluck! Thanks for being so great guys.
I love doing my nails, when I'm bored, when I'm in a creative mood, when I'm trying to match a cute outfit.. And I do love some solid and simple nails, once in awhile I like to get more adventurous.
What lets me turn my nails from pretty to stunning? My Konad.
Its a simple system which you paint on a metal plate which has an engraved design, scrape off the excess, and stamp it from the plate to your nail.
I've had it for years and continuously use it. Way cheaper and better looking than stickers or press on nails. I really recommend checking this product out if you've never used one before. Also, there are cheaper products on amazon, or you can get them off the retail website http://www.konadnailart.com/
Have you ever used a Konad? What do you use to make your nails pop?
If you want any more info or pictures on how to use a Konad, just request it in the comments below.
I always get questions about how to keep hair healthy and strong, so I thought I'd write a little post to help inform you all :)
How to Keep Hair Healthy:
1. Healthy Bites Eating right will make your body run better. Foods like salmon, green vegetables, nuts, eggs, poultry, carrots, etc.) Your hair will be healthier, stronger, and faster. Protein, protein, protein!
2. Trim Away the Ends Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks, even if you're trying to grow it out, this is vital. Getting the dead ends removed is very important for hair growth and health.
3. Air Dry Obviously, the less heat the better. The blow dryer is one of the worst weapons you can use on your hair, if you can let your hair dry by itself instead of using harmful tools you wont regret it.
4. Always Use Heat Protectant This is simple. Whenever you use a heat tool- whether it be a straightener or blow dryer, always always always use heat protectant to help protect your locks from that harmful heat.
5. Turn the Heat Down We all have those days we want to look extra gorgeous! So don't worry too much about those heat tools, just use a lower heat. Stick in the 300-400 degree range when dealing with hair. I stick to 375ish, which is way better for your hair. Going to high can actually manipulate the structure of the DNA of your hair. Clearly, that can't be good for it!
6. Use Gentle Products Get products that are good for your hair. When it comes to shampoo, the less suds the better! Some of these products are expensive, but if you're on a budget, pick up a baby shampoo. They're extra gentle and very affordable.
7. Give it a Break Once in awhile, give your hair a rest. Try to wash it not every day, the less the better! This is tougher for people like me with curly hair, but still doable! Try some cute up-dos to do on those days, or straighten it and let it get that messy look overnight. Just invest in a shower cap (or take one from a hotel) you won't regret it. If your hair gets oily over night- don't worry! Put a little bit of baby powder or dry shampoo in it and it should be just fine.
8. Work Out That's right! Regular exercise helps not only your body, but your hair and skin! It'll grow it stronger, quicker, longer, and healthier.
9. Scalp Massaging Yes it sounds silly, but giving your scalp a few minute message every day will make a major difference. The increased circulation due to the massage will make your hair grow faster.
10. Caution When Wet Be extra gentle when your hair is wet, that's it's most fragile state. Try to wait until it's completely dry to brush or style. If you must comb while wet, try to do it in the shower when your conditioner is in it. Not following this will lead to massive amounts of split ends.
There are many other tips, but these to me are the most important.
Following these will definitely help you along the journey of safe and healthy locks. :)
Any of you have other tips? What's something you plan on doing to make a change in your hair?
Dip dying has been around for awhile, and is a popular and chic quirky way of adding some spunk to any hair style. But what a lot of people haven't found yet is something similar, but even better, it's not permanent! Not to mention it's SUPER cheap, and all the results of dip dying can be achieved way easier and cheaper. It's a perfect thing to try while the weather is warming up this spring! If you don't like it, it washes out in just one shampoo wash!
To do this you use soft wax chalk, also called soft pastels.
You can pick up a box of 36 of these chalks from Michaels for $4.99, see them online here.
All you need to do is put a towel around your neck and shoulders(you don't want the color to get on your clothes or skin)
Take a spray bottle and mist the spots you wish to temporarily color with water.
Rub the chalk on the damp pieces of hair. Any color combination or style you want.
Yep. It's that easy! Hopefully some of you guys like this and try it out. I have naturally blonde hair so it showed up good on me, I heard it works on darker hair colors as well though.
So lately on the runway there's been this new trend, of carrying your bag folded over, this has been something I've been hearing about in just about every fashion magazine.
It's been seen on the runways lately, along with holding your purse completely upside down, or sideways.
I personally it's a silly trend, I'd never hold my bag folded over, because I wouldn't want it to get a weird bend, not other ways either, I can just picture me dropping all my belongings all over the floor in the middle of the mall. Haha. Not something I want to do.
What do you guys think of this trend?
While we're on the topic of bags and such, look at this adorable Guess suitcase I picked up today for under $70.00
It's lovely! I'm already excited to use it for all my travels. Such a steal. I got it from my local Meijer, couldn't pass it up.
Thanks again for all the follows and comments, you are all so great.
Hi guys! Sorry I've neglected you lately! I have a very busy bunch of days, I started school back up this past week, and had to get back into the grove of things, so my mind was all over the place. Also it was my birthday over the weekend and I had plans with all my friends and family. It was wonderful :) I hope your last week has been as blessed as mine!
I'm actually in class hahaha, so this post is going to be simple and nice. You seemed to dig my post about vaseline, so I have a related post. Beauty uses of baby oil! It's another one of my secret weapons. (It does have a lot of same uses as vaseline too, but they work differently, if that makes sense)
Also, tell me what you guys would like to see more of. nails? hair? etc etc. :) And I'd like to thank you for every single comment, and if you follow me just leave me a comment saying so and I'll follow back!
Okay, that's all my rambling for now, here's a bunch of wonderful things to do with baby oil:
1. Makes an awesome makeup remover, especially for those people whom have sensitive skin. (It is made for babies after all)
2. Also can be used to remove temporary tattoos!
3. Put a few drops in your ears to remove wax (Warm it up slightly first)
4. Remove those stubborn stickers from products by applying it then wiping it off with a soft rag after a few minutes, it'll come right off!
5. Put some baby oil in a spray bottle and spray LIGHTLY on your hair to add shine (Too much will make it greasy!) It's good for your hair too :)
6. Put it on squeaky doors to prevent the squeaking
7. Put some in a warm bath and your skin will be so soft when you get out
8. Use it to remove tight rings from your fingers
9. Apply to skin after shower/bath for super soft skin, it'll soak in and make your skin feel amazing! (Put extra on dry areas like elbows and knees)
10. Use instead of shave gel, it'll give your legs that shiny glow while keeping them moisturized
11. Use it to polish up your wooden furniture (If there's dings/scratches on your wood furniture rub them with a walnut and it'll practically disappear.. Is it weird I know that? Lol)
12. As cuticle oil, to soften and moisturize
13. Mix a little with your foundation to give yourself that dewy glow. MAC has been mixing oils with foundation for ages to achieve the look!
14. Keep glitter on eyelids, apply a SMALL SMALL amount to eyelids then apply the glitter, it'll adhere to your skin so much better.
15. Use it to untangle jewelry, apply some to a knot/tangle and it should come out very easy!
16. Add some to your body wash to make it last longer
17. Applying this to your body in the winter acts as another layer of insulation, and it'll help keep you warm! (Weird I know, but true, I've done it and noticed)
18. Shine up those golf clubs! It'll save money and look great. (I don't golf but I heard this works wonders)
19. Put it over a bandaid before you pull it off to help relieve the pain
20. Use it to tan and it'll multiple the suns rays. Obviously this is dangerous and you have to do it in moderation, and make sure you don't burn.
Thanks for reading lovelies, I promise to post again soon :)
Hey Guys, first of all I want to say thank you for following and all your wonderful comments, each one puts a huge smile on my face. I just want to give each and every one of you a hug!
So lately all that's been going on here is.. Lots of snow. Snow Snow Snow! It just doesn't let up lol.
But on the bright side, It looks beautiful.
Since I have been pretty much been stuck inside, I didn't get all dolled up really, but I did have a lot of time to paint my nails and find past pictures of my nails, so hopefully this gives you some inspiration!
A year or two ago, I would've thought it was weird if someone said they always keep Vaseline nearby, but I picked up some to help sooth and moisturize my burnt nose in the summer, and now I realized how versatile and great it was.
So I thought I'd share a bunch of ways you can use it!
1. On chapped lips as a chapstick or as a lip gloss to add shine
2. Put on lips, leave for 2 minutes, scrub off with toothbrush and have the softest lips you've ever had!
3. On eyelashes to lengthen & thicken
4. Use as a moisturizer (It doesn't clog pores)
5. Put thin layer on teeth and lipstick wont get on them (I wouldn't do this unless you're going to be taking a lot of pictures)
6. As an aftershave balm
7. Soften your cuticles before a manicure
8. A highlighter on your cheeks.
9. Shine up an old mani by putting a thin layer over nails
10. Can use as a primer for makeup
11. Reduce look of fine lines under eyes
12. Use it to remove makeup stains from clothes
13. Mix with lipstick to create a long lasting blush
14. Use as an eyebrow gel to keep eyebrows in line
15. Apply to tips of your hair to help prevent split ends
16. Put on the neck of nail polish bottles to make sure they don't get stuck shut
17. Put a coat on feet at night, put socks over, and wake up with super smooth feet
18. Shine up shoes and bags
19. Mix with sea salt to make a scrub
20. As a massage balm
And many more! The best thing is it's super affordable! I picked up a 99 cent case in the summer and use it for so many things and it's still half full!
So I'm snowed in, a little bored, and I've always wanted to do a "what's in your bag" post so I guess I'll join in the trend :)
Thanks for all the positive comments on my video! I'll have another one early next week on how to get the perfect red lip with only ONE product, along with a giveaway of some of my favorite lip products.
So here's my bag, it's a Louis Vuitton Speedy 40, it was a Christmas gift, and I love it! But believe me when I say, it's HUGE. You guys are going to think I'm crazy with all this stuff I've got shoved in here lol, but I can truly say I'm always prepared.
My coach checkbook and wallet! Obviously all my cards and information is in there, so I'm not going to show you the inside :P
My weather accessories. I'm from a very chilly place, so I keep two pairs of gloves with me, my gray touch gloves for my touch screen phone. I love them! I don't have to take off my gloves to text anymore, so nice for walking to class. The white pair for a friend if they forget, and the purple hat because it's the only hat that I've EVER found that looks good on me. Love it. The umbrella is more for if I have to walk through the rain WHILE I'm carrying the purse lol, I don't want to get water stains on the leather. Usually I don't mind a quick walk through the rain, but I'd hate to ruin my purse.
You guys are going to be impressed with EVERYTHING I fit in this little pink case lol. From a bunch of lip products, band-aids, clear nail polish, nail clippers, lady products, moisturizer, and more!
Last but not least.. I am guilty of carrying a full size perfume with me lol, and my keys. I need a cute new key chain, anyone have suggestions of shops that carry them?
Tell me what you think. What's something you always need to carry with you? What are the essentials in your purse?