One thing I've seen a lot this season but never personally owned is over the knee boots. I've seen people rock them, but I've also seen some others not look quite their best in their pairs. The nightmare I have when thinking of over the knee boots, is looking like Julia Roberts in pretty woman. They may have worked for her, but that's not exactly the image I am going for.
But, there are a lot of celebrities I've seen wear this trend and look stunning. Blake Lively is a prime example, makes me fall in love with the style.
A few things I've noticed that help find the perfect OTK boots without giving off the pretty woman vibe is:
- Stay away from pleather, especially shiny types.
- Avoid super high heels
- To be on the safe side get flats
- Other colors besides black, like browns and other dark colors are a safe bet
- Great to pair with tights and leggings
- If going with black, suede is a great alternative to leather
- Wear with conservative clothing, let the boots be the statement piece